Crystal Eye Clinic was founded 17 years ago (2003) by Dr. James and Dr. Mrs. Edith Clarke, the current directors, with the support of The Ghana Navigators, a missionary group.
Both doctors had their basic medical training at The University of Ghana Medical School (UGMS).
Dr James Clarke then trained as a general surgeon in Germany and Dr Edith Clarke specialized in Occupational Health in the UK. They both worked at The Catholic Hospital, Battor in the Volta Region prior to moving to Accra.
It was originally planned to be a general clinic but Dr and Dr (Mrs.) Clarke realized that the need for eye care surpassed that of general health care. Therefore Dr. Clarke pursued training in Ophthalmology with The West African College of Surgeons and further training in Germany as well as a Master of Public Health training in the UK, to equip him to offer the quality eye care that was needed. He worked initially with Emmanuel Eye Clinic, Accra, before settling down to pursue their vision of Crystal Eye Clinic. Dr. James A. Clarke is an international Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
In 2003, starting with a team of 3, Crystal Eye Clinic embarked on a journey to provide high quality, affordable eye care for everyone. In 2005, Unite for Sight partnered with Crystal Eye Clinic to provide Outreach Services in the hinterlands, which had no access to eye care. The Clinic currently has staff strength of 21 and the most modern equipment for diagnostics, surgery and treatment; and offers a full range of modern ophthalmic treatments including advanced surgeries to its clients.
Crystal Eye Clinic’s clients include individuals and corporate bodies. The team continuously strives to improve facilities, technology and standards through its well-trained staff, and regular participation in international and local professional conferences, to help treat various eye diseases.
To be a world class eye-care provider.
To provide affordable quality eye-care in an accessible, safe and friendly environment.
Our Core Values
- P – PATIENT-CENTRED: We offer responsive and courteous care to our patients
- A – AFFORDABLE: We provide quality eye-care at affordable rates.
- S – SATISFACTION: Client satisfaction is our prerogative.
- S – SAFETY: Patient safety and comfort is at the heart of our operations.
- I – INFORMATION: Our patients and their families are provided truthful and accurate information.
- O– ONGOING EYE-CARE: We offer preventive care, treatment and follow-up care.
- N– NON-DISCLOSURE: We have strict non-disclosure policies. Patient information is treated with utmost confidentiality.